White background on IE and FF tried your solution!

Closed
mick_76 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2014 - Oct 4, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 18, 2014 at 06:47 AM
Hi i've got white backgroud on my internet i've tried the ease of access solution turning the high contrast off with no change, also checked that the "Allow pages to choose their own colours" box is ticked which it is. I've been using my computer in safe mode which is why i thought it was happening but now it's in normal mode and the problem is still there. It's just the internet, Windows background is fine. I've recently changed my graphics card i don't know if that can cause this problem but i did uninstall nvidia and reinstall the drivers and the card is recognized in windows and Lavalys Everest!

I have searched for solutions which is how i found this site but like i say the solution i found doesn't work along with the other solution i mentioned. When i found forums where the OP said the above didn't work then people stopped posting solutions so the problem wasn't shown to be resolved!

I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64

Thanks for any help

Actually i've just remembered the computer was fine after installing the new graphics card, the problem started in the middle of browsing in ff, one second Grorillavid was orange the next it turned white!
Related:

2 responses

mick_76 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2014
Oct 4, 2014 at 01:30 PM
Sorted, Adblock was doing it, i tried uninstalling all adons and reinstalling and the colours came back after i did adblock.
vee300 Posts 1 Registration date Friday October 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 17, 2014
Oct 17, 2014 at 08:08 PM
I also have this problem and have also tried the solutions mentioned with no luck. A few weeks ago my computer did an "upgrade" that involved the DOS screen. I'm thinking something was changed in the Registery. I have no idea what to look for there or what to do with it. My virus checker doesn't find anything wrong even with a Root scan. I've searched for a solution but nothing works. Does anyone have another suggestion as to how to fix this problem, or maybe who caused it. If I know who I can contact them. Do you think that "upgrade" had anything to do with it?
Thank you in advance for any help.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Edition
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Oct 18, 2014 at 06:47 AM
vee300

Your issue is totally different, I strongly suggest that you start a brand new thread by clicking "Ask a question"

Good luck