I have downloaded OpenOffice and can't get it installed on Vista

Closed
carolmarie01 Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 6, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2014 - Oct 6, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 7, 2014 at 05:34 AM
I do not see an executable file among the files downloaded. How do I install OpenOffice on a Vista system?

Carol Marie
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 7, 2014 at 05:34 AM
Hello Carol Marie

Here are the instructions to follow.

Either using Windows Explorer or Mozilla/Netscape's Download Manager, navigate to the Apache OpenOffice file you downloaded.

Windows Explorer users will want to find the file and double-click to launch the unpacking and installation program. Alternately, Mozilla/Netscape users will want to open the Download Manager, highlight the file, and click Launch File. In either case, the unpacking program will start.

The Welcome window is displayed to note that you have downloaded Apache OpenOffice 4.x.x. Click Next to continue.

The Select Folder window is displayed. Accept the folder name displayed in the text box or enter the name of the folder in which to save the unpacked files, and click Unpack.

Once the files are unpacked, the Apache OpenOffice 4.x.x Installation Wizard is displayed. (See Windows Overview for what to do in an upgrade situation.) Click Next to continue installing Apache OpenOffice 4.x.x. Follow the prompts, and Apache OpenOffice will be installed on your system, ready for use.