Unknown device

Closed
jay - Mar 13, 2009 at 05:06 AM
 Usman - Nov 8, 2009 at 01:55 AM
Hello,
I've bought a new printer hp laser jet p1005 which I've been trying to install on my laptop{windows xp} when the printer software prompts for the usb cable insert it an error pops up and says the device has malfunctioned and cannot work.and also on the device manager the port which I've used to connect the printer indicates unknown device.what is the problem plis help.

4 responses

Tweedledum Posts 181 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 125
Mar 13, 2009 at 06:16 AM
did you get a cd with software for you printer with the printer? It usually says unknown device if you dont have any printer drivers for that model of printer. Usually they come with it or you can download form the manufacturers site
yeah I've the driver CD for the printer but the installation goes well until the software prompts me to connect the printer cable but it doesn't detect the cable that's when a pop up on the task bar says the device (printer/cable)has malfunctioned and cannot be
change a high quality usb cable, that might slove the problem
Caros colegas,
Não adianta instalar o drive que vem no CD de instalação ou o do Site oficial da HP.
O esclarecimento da empresa HP é de que o win7 ainda não está homologado e que a empresa não está obrigada a fornecer o drive para um sistema "beta".
o negócio é procurar em sites nos Estados unidos onde alguem tenha conseguido fazer a impressora funcionar com drive similar.
yaar i got the same problem...........plz anyone can help us?