Inspiron 5420 black screen

Closed
prjain1988 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 30, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2014 - Oct 30, 2014 at 07:51 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 31, 2014 at 08:36 AM
Hi All

I have shut down my laptop last night & in the morning it is not booting up. I am getting a black screen with POWER LED on ( there is a one time blink on the three shortcut buttons on the right hand side top, not sure whether it's some indication). I have already tried to remove the flea power idea on laptop and it didn't worked for me. Please let me know the potential solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Related:

3 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 30, 2014 at 09:03 AM
Hi there,

Could you please give me details about the power troubleshooting you have done, because I couldn't understand it fully? Do you hear any sounds coming from the laptop, indication that it is trying to boot? I would suggest trying a CMOS reset, but be advised that this action sometimes may void your warranty. You may be facing some connectivity issues or HDD issues. Sadly this could be hard to confirm without the assistance of a technician.
There is a slight possibility that the issues comes from the screen.
http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN129589/en - Check this topic, regarding LCD screen troubleshooting.

Hope this helps

Hi R2D2_WD

Thanks for the reply.

I am not getting any sounds while booting but yes there is LED light blow up on the shortcut buttons on top right hand side for a second (don't know if it indicates something). POWER LED remain on for all the time unless I switch it off!
Can you guide me on CMOS reset??

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Prateek
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 31, 2014 at 08:36 AM
If you can not hear the initial beep sound from the motherboard, there may be some issue, that needs to be fixed by a technician.
Resetting the CMOS includes removing the CMOS battery, which is on the motherboard. I recommend you to check your manual. On some laptops, it is located under the HDD, but in any case, be aware that your warranty may be voided.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140211171707AAgbm4T - check this article. You may get some ideas.