Computer does not boot

Closed
tony - Nov 19, 2014 at 04:48 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 20, 2014 at 07:06 AM
Hello, I have a new built computer 2 months old so the problem is some times when i shut it down i go to restart it and everything seems to come on but there is no display and no bios post i unplug it and wait a little while 15 to 30 mins plug it back in and it starts up fine and runs fine.

I switched the psu and used the jumper to reset the bios im currently testing the ram but am at a stand still it was happening in sleep mode so i adjusted the power settings so it did not happen again now it is on tart up

restart works fine.

ram test showed no errors not sure if i should try to update bios next

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 20, 2014 at 07:06 AM
Hi Tony,

Is it a new problem or has always been present with this build? This should be confirmed from a technician, but I believe that you may be facing some motherboard issues. This could be related to a hardware failure or a connectivity problem. Could you check the motherboard light's colour when your PC can not boot. Is it orange? I do not think that BIOS update may help you, unless you have installed some new hardware recently.

Hope this helps