Hard drive not boot

Closed
smar - Dec 11, 2014 at 03:10 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Dec 11, 2014 at 08:20 AM
Hello,

hi,
my system is 745 dell optiplex tower today i have faced some problem related our harddisk
my system setup show my harddisk then i have continue
system show message "no boot device available" & when i had removed our harddisk in PC and put in external case. the problem is still same.
show in disk management & give message "unknown source disk available" but not show in drive
pls help
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Dec 11, 2014 at 08:20 AM
Hey smar. That's sounds very unfortunate. If you have any important data on the drive I'd recommend that you try to recover it before doing anything else. Try to open the drive with Linux Live CD/USB, If that doesn't work you could try some of the solutions from this thread: https://www.tomshardware.com/
If you succeed in recovering your data, your next step should be downloading the manufacturer's diagnostic tool and testing the drive with it to see what's the situation.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD