Acer 5735 Black Screen

Closed
captaingang Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 15, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2014 - Dec 15, 2014 at 11:06 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Dec 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM
My Acer memory had filled and I was planning to transfer the files to an external storage. I never got the opportunity to buy and transfer the files to an external hard drive. First the computer died and I restarted it with a recovery disk. Then a few days later I was getting a black screen and the computer would not boot. The power light comes on , blinks once, and in a few seconds shuts down. I tried battery out and back in. I tried without the battery. I tried from battery only. I tried taking the battery out and disconnecting the power source. Then I held the power button for over a minute. I plugged back in and it didn't work. I put the battery back in and it didn't work. I bought a new power cord. I tried ALT F10. I tried cleaning the fan. I tried flash drive with new BIOS along with FN and escape while powering on and that doesn't work. I tried RAM out make sure it is clean and back in. I even tried superstitiously tapping the bottom as someone suggested. Nothing has changed. When I power on the light comes on, it blinks once and then after a few seconds the light goes off. When it blinks and just before going off the fan stops.
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Hello captaingang,

I've found a link that you might find useful. https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-a-computer-that-wont-turn-on-2624450
I think, the problem could be caused by faulty mother board, video card, CPU overheating or even faulty hard drive. It also could be due to burnt capacitors.
Could you, please, check the power supply that goes to your hard drive to see if it is receiving enough power to spin up.

Good luck!

KY_WD