Wi-Fi trouble connecting to the internet from my laptop

Solved/Closed
eloquis Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 15, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2014 - Dec 15, 2014 at 05:21 PM
 eloquis - Dec 16, 2014 at 09:23 PM
Hi,
I'm having trouble connecting to the internet from my laptop. I only seem to have a problem on my Dell XPS 15z. My chromebook, and iphone, all work fine.
The problem is not so much connecting to the wi-fi. I have good signal, and it connects fine. But when I try to open a website, it shows up as webpage not available. Same thing if I plug the ehternet. It says that it is connected to the internet, but I can't open any website.

Like I said, the wi-fi works great on my phone and chromebook (from where I am posting this).

I tried updating the intel wireless apapter, but it says that I already have installed the newest one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Dec 15, 2014 at 06:11 PM
It's possible that you have malware that messed with your internet settings. I suggest you reset IE to its default settings and check to see if a proxy server has been added. In IE just go to Tools - Internet Options - Connections and Lan settings to remove proxy settings. In IE select Tools - Internet options - Security and then set to "default level"

Afterword I suggest you use Malwarebytes to rid you system of malware.

Good Luck
Malwarebytes worked great. Thanks!