WD Hard Drive 1 TB not recognized by Windows

Closed
hatman_absurd Posts 1 Registration date Thursday January 1, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2015 - Jan 1, 2015 at 02:10 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jan 1, 2015 at 05:30 AM
Hi,
I am using a WD My Passport 1 TB External Hard Drive for the past 2 years. I have tried connecting my hard drive to my Laptop but it wont recognize it. The light comes on and there are soft noises from within but nothing happens. It shows as a local disk division but it does not show my name nor the capacity. The system hangs after connecting it. I have tried using the disk management system so that i could change the assigned letter but since it is not recognized by the system I cannot do anything.

I have replaced the hard drive twice because of technical issues. I live in the Asian Circle so I have 3 years warranty and i have 1 year left. Also the serial no. and the p/n no. is also unreadable, please suggest a way to retrieve that too.

I am using Windows 7 Pro with 2.5 GB RAM Intel Celeron processor.
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jan 1, 2015 at 05:30 AM
Hello hatman_absurd

Have you tried to see if the drive is shown in BIOS? If it is, then there might be a problem with the USB port.
Have you checked it on another computer or with different cable?
There is also info in this forum, I'm giving you a link to a similar problem a user once had:https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1843-usb-flash-drive-not-detected-in-windows/

Hope that i helped.

KY_WD

Happy New Year!