Unable to open websites

Closed
tenyear Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 12, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2015 - Jan 12, 2015 at 05:08 PM
 tenyear - Jan 20, 2015 at 02:42 PM
Hello,

I'm running Windows Vista, I'm unable to open any websites. My connection says I have excellent strength and that I'm connected. I'm using a new Netgear router and all my other computers, TV, Xbox etc are working just fine with the internet.

I've tried many of the solutions talked about so far but I'm having trouble making it work. When I search for CMD it pulls up 3 notepads with no option to "run as administrator" so that option I'm unable to perform.

My preferred browser is Firefox but neither that nor IE will find sites.

EDIT: I figured out how to run the CMD as administrator and tried the winsock reset and one other reco but neither worked.
I also run Norton 360 for my security and did a full system scan, and it found no threats.

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 12, 2015 at 11:53 PM
I suggest you try the following commands

go to START and Run and type in the following commands

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set dns
tried all of those and I'm still unable to surf the net. when I type those in I get messages of "DNS specific" and "DNS suffix" and several "media disconnected".
Internet works fine hard line, but wireless does not work.

anyone?