January 18, 2015
-
Registration date
Friday January 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
January 18, 2015
-
Hello, i've not long had this PC and a few days ago i took out my memory module to find out its specs, after doing so i've put it back correctly, turned on my PC and everything came on as normal except there's no signal going to the monitor (i've already checked the wire by connecting through my laptop to the monitor and had no problems) i've tried multiple solutions and none have worked, i don't want to spend £60+ on a new memory just to find out if this is the problem.
It would be much appreciated if someone could explain what's wrong :)

PC Specs:

APU: AMD A series processors
Chipset: AMD A58
Memory: Kingston 8GB Module - DDR3 1600MHz, Non-ECC, CL11, 1.5V, Unbuffered, DIMM.

6 replies

It wouldn't boot if it were a memory problem. I suggest you double check the connections since you opened the case last.

Have FUN!

"If you would have told me 20 years ago that everyone was going to be a photographer in 20 years, I wouldn't have believed you!"
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Friday January 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
January 18, 2015
Okay, I've ordered a new 8gb RAM so I will get back to some of your question in a day or so and with the beeping i did a test when trying to boot it, it made no sound though the fans are going properly.
Registration date
Friday January 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
January 18, 2015
That's the problem, it won't boot at all, when I turn it on the lights, fan, etc comes on

so i've put it back correctly, turned on my PC and everything came on as normal except there's no signal going to the monitor (i've already checked the wire by connecting through my laptop to the monitor and had no problems) i've tried multiple solutions and none have worked, i don't want to spend £60+ on a new memory just to find out if this is the problem.

I am sorry I misunderstood the above. You stated it all booted but the video to the screen!

Yes, you fried your RAM.

Next time, prior to opening, ground yourself, and try not run around the house in your socks dragging your feet!

Have FUN!
"If you would have told me 20 years ago that everyone was going to be a photographer in 20 years, I wouldn't have believed you!"
Registration date
Friday January 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
January 18, 2015
Thanks for the help, I have been told this could be to do with static electricity.
Registration date
Saturday January 17, 2015
Status
Last seen
September 30, 2021
Im not sure you have fried it ... yet. BUT there is a good possibility that you have though :(

I have occasionally installed laptop memory badly, but it looks installed correctly. The following will help check this.

After every operation turn off the machine. Working with memory with a machine switched on WILL fry it!

Does the machine make any beeps?

Try removing your RAM completely (this time taking anti-static precautions) and turn the machine on. Are there any beeps now?

If there are no beeps, then the RAM might be fried and the machine just wont inform you of memory problems via beep codes.

If there is more than one memory module add them one at a time. It it works the first time add another until it stops working.

If after the first module is installed and it doesn't work, then remove the RAM and replace it with another module. If it works now then the first RAM module is suspect. Add it to the second slot to check it wasn't badly installed the first time. If it stops working then it is probably a bad RAM module.

If there is still no joy with one module, then the slot may be faulty. Try the above procedure using a different memory slot.

If still no joy, then perhaps its time for new memory.