Jokke - Sep 26, 2015 at 04:20 PM - Latest reply: Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 14, 2018
- Sep 26, 2015 at 05:48 PM
Hello,

My pc didn't post at all so I tried re installing the ram. It booted just fine the 1st time after that. 2nd 3rd or 4th, did no longer work. I tried the same thing with the ram and the result was the same: One successful boot. What should I do to fix this problem?
See more 

8 replies

Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 14, 2018
- Sep 26, 2015 at 04:27 PM
Thank you
Please, explain what you mean by "post".
Display something on the screen. The display only says "no signal" when I try to boot that's what I mean by not posting
Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 14, 2018
- Sep 26, 2015 at 04:38 PM
Thank you
Hi again, thanks for replying.

Have you tried another monitor to see if you get a signal ?
No, but like I said, it boots with no problems every time after re installing the ram but only once.
Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 14, 2018
- Sep 26, 2015 at 05:05 PM
Thank you
Okay, you must now test your ram.

When you removed the ram sticks, I hope you ensured that they would no get static electricity because you might have ruined them.

First clean your ram sticks with a soft cloth. Then clean your ram slots with compressed air. (I insist, compressed air)

Try one stick at a time, see which one does not give you a display and which one gives you a display after the second time.

Good luck
Problem solved. The problem had nothing to do with the ram. (I find it really weird that moving it around did something).
The problem was: While playing around in Intel extreme tuning utility, I had accidentally set the cache frequency higher than the core frequency. I changed that back to normal and I've now had 3 successful boots in a row. Thanks for your help anyway :)

By the way I used anti static wrist band when I touched the ram sticks.
I've been using xmp since i built the pc and this is the 1st time I've ever had any problems with it.
Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 14, 2018
- Sep 26, 2015 at 05:48 PM
Thank you
Gee, you are after all a hardware wizard.

Thank you for your feedback.

Since you are a wizard, come back any time to help others, you would be most welcome in our community.

Take care and have fun