8GB RAM installed, but showing only 3.98GB usable [Solved/Closed]

Registration date
Friday November 7, 2014
Last seen
November 7, 2014
-
Hi,

I had 8 GB RAM installed in my machine (dual channel). But, it is showing only 3.98GB usable for my computer.

I have switched the RAM slots too. But, same result is appearing. Attaching below the screenshot of the same:

Please help!
See more 

1 reply

Best answer
approved by Ratnendra Ashok on Dec 30, 2018
Registration date
Monday September 1, 2014
Status
Certified CCM Contributor
Last seen
February 20, 2017
Thank you
Hi there,

I recommend you to confirm that your RAM is firmly attached to the motherboard. After that, enter BIOS, system information section and search for some information about the installed RAM. You should see those 8 GB. Enable "Memory Remap" if there is such option in BIOS.

Check this link for further details.

Hope this helps!

Say "Thank you" 4

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 4331 users have said thank you to us this month

I can only use 17% of my total ram on windows 10 pro.why?+Tried everything. My total RAM is 16GB.MEMTEST86 SAYS EVERYTHING IS PERFECT.??????
R2D2_WD
Registration date
Monday September 1, 2014
Status
Certified CCM Contributor
Last seen
February 20, 2017
554 > Cesar -
Hi Cesar,

Could you please check if your total memory is shown as usable. You can confirm it from Start, right click Computer and selecting Properties. Additionally, try running the PC with only one memory stick installed. If it is recognized correctly, remove it and then boot with the other one. You are using a 64 bit Windows, right? Check this Microsoft article for some additional suggestions:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/978610

Hope this helps