Windows xp pro laptop problem

Closed
pilotmax1000 Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 23, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2015 - Jan 23, 2015 at 07:32 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 23, 2015 at 08:17 PM
was given older Dell inspection 6000 with xp pro, been using everything ok only added extra men and virus/malware when 1st got it no prob it just popped up a bubble msg saying a file I think was like $Mitt..was mousing but still ran at first, went to run chicks /f and it said disk locked and try later then got blue screen with text, tried restart but it always gives xp pro logo and then blue screen in any startup mode F5 etc. Did not get system disk when given to me and don't have boot did . Can get a disk called "xp pro restore disk with sp2". Tried F2 and got settings page, can this disk help me get to at least chicks or other help, if not what do Ido help!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 23, 2015 at 08:17 PM
If you are asking for a second disk of XP, sorry, no longer is there support for XP.

But, please take a moment to understand. We are volunteers who offer help on free time. We like to help when we can.

I am certain that because you made a change to hardware, the OEM license did not like that. It has realized that the XP has changed, and is asking to register again. BUt, there is the problem.....XP is not supported any longer.

We have no access to XP sp2 recovery. Do you have a valid microsoft key?