1 tb hardisk Not recognized

Closed
Sarang - Feb 2, 2015 at 06:54 AM
sarangkalathingal Posts 7 Registration date Monday February 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2015 - Feb 3, 2015 at 10:03 AM
Hello,

I bought a 1 tb hardisk 1 year ago . Recently the lights were not blinking and i can hear a sound when attached to the computer. It is recognized in the task bar but I cannot view the files as it is not present in the "My Computer".

If someone could find the solution for this , I would be thankful to you

Related:

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 2, 2015 at 07:23 AM
Hi Sarang,

I recommend you to open the Disk Management and check if the drive is visible there. Does it appear initialized and does it have assigned letter and proper file format? Check what option do you have when pressing right mouse button over the drive. There may be some missing drive letter and I suggest you to try and assign one if there is such option.
Another thing you can do is enter Device Manager and uninstall the device, restart the PC and plug the device back in.
If none of this helps, check with another USB cable and on another PC.

Hope this helps
sarangkalathingal Posts 7 Registration date Monday February 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2015
Feb 3, 2015 at 10:03 AM
I am very sorry to say that I couldn't see the hardware where you see the Local Disks but below that I see that the hardware is not initialized. In the device manager what name would be coming so that I can uninstall the correct device . If you could please help me........