Not Recognized

Closed
sarangkalathingal Posts 7 Registration date Monday February 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2015 - Feb 2, 2015 at 07:02 AM
sarangkalathingal Posts 7 Registration date Monday February 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2015 - Feb 5, 2015 at 09:29 AM
I have a 1tb Hardisk which i bought abount a year ago. Recently the lights blinks and i hear a sound when attached to the computer. Its seen in the task bar but is not seen in "My Computer" as to open the files to view it.

Can anyone find a solution to that problem.I would be greatly thankful to you

10 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 2, 2015 at 09:38 AM
can you right click Computer and go to manage.

on the left, go to disk management.

do you see your hard drive in that list?
sarangkalathingal Posts 7 Registration date Monday February 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2015
Feb 3, 2015 at 10:08 AM
I am very sorry to say that I couldn't see the hardware where you see the Local Disks but below that I see that the hardware is not initialized. If you could please help me............
Blocked Profile
Feb 4, 2015 at 05:52 AM
Do you expect this hard drive to have data on it?
sarangkalathingal Posts 7 Registration date Monday February 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2015
Feb 4, 2015 at 10:03 AM
I dont need the data inside that. I just need my hardisk . But , if there is any way to retrieve the data I would be happy to hear that

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Feb 4, 2015 at 10:04 AM
Chances of that may be pretty slim as it's lost its allocation table.

you could try using https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

otherwise, you'll have to intialise it and format it to use it again.
Feb 4, 2015 at 11:13 AM
Sorry to disturb you one again. I just sent you an image.If you could just download it. At the bottom left you find the disk as not initialized.

Blocked Profile
Feb 4, 2015 at 11:15 AM
Right click on the bit on the left where it says "disk 1" and "initialise" it.

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Actually , when i press to initialize the disk they say that the files are media protected
Blocked Profile
Feb 4, 2015 at 12:34 PM
You could try using DISK PART

With your drive plugged in, launch a command prompt. Do this by searching for cmd.exe in the Start menu (or Start screen in Windows 8). In Windows XP, click Start then Run, and type cmd.exe in the box.

NOTE: you may need to run Cmd.exe with administrator privileges if you see an "access is denied" message.

To do that, right-click on the shortcut and choose Run as administrator. In Windows 8, simply choose Command prompt (admin).

Now, type the following, pressing Enter after each command:

diskpart

list disk

select disk x (where x is the number of your USB flash drive - use the capacity to work out which one it is)

attributes disk clear readonly

clean

create partition primary

format fs=ntfs

exit

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
Feb 5, 2015 at 09:29 AM
Its not working. Can you find any other solution