My headphones don't work

Closed
magesticsnowgirl Posts 5 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2015 - Feb 6, 2015 at 11:28 AM
magesticsnowgirl Posts 5 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2015 - Feb 7, 2015 at 06:34 AM
hi there!

yesterday I plugged my Dynamode MX-878 headphones into my TOSHIBA laptop.
they were working fine and when I plug them into my laptop the device is recognised and a blue light on the headphones comes on.

well today I put the headphones in and nothing worked.
the blue light did not come on and the device was not recognised.
i have tried evrything
will somebody please help me!

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 6, 2015 at 01:19 PM
Hi magesticsnowgirl,

Have you tried these headphones in another computer? if they still dont work, then the headphones may be faulty.

How many USB ports do you have on your laptop? USB ports are often "wired" in pairs. If you have more than 2 ports try putting the headphones into the others and check if they work there.

In both the above tests you might need to install the headphone drivers.

If they work in the other ports then there is likely a problem with the USB hub. Let me know how you get on with this part first before we troubleshoot any further.

Good luck

I really appreciate kudos points as a payment for solving issues :o)
magesticsnowgirl Posts 5 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2015 1
Feb 7, 2015 at 06:34 AM
hi Brian!

my laptop has 2 USB ports
i am about to try them in a diffrent laptop