I'm not really sure what happened, but this morning, one of my pst-files was missing and for another I got the error: "Errors have been detected in the file <path to pst-file>." What to do next? How to fix my pst files?
You can repair pst file by following the steps here
1. First find the location of SCANPST.EXE, according to the version of MS Outlook.
- MS Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
- MS Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- MS Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
- MS Outlook 2003: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>
- MS Outlook 2002/XP: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\<locale ID>\scanpst.exe
- MS Outlook 2000: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\<locale ID>\NT\scanpst.exe
- MS Outlook 97/98: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Messaging\scanpst.exe
2. Now, to open Outlook Inbox Repair tool double click on SCANPST.EXE.
3. A new window open i.e Inbox repair tool, click on Browse and select the corrupted PST files.
4. Click on Start button to start the scanning process.
5. You will get a message, once the file scanned and then, click Repair button.
6. Within a few seconds, the file will be repaired successfully.
I hope your corrupted PST files will repair with this manual solution, but if there is highly corrupted files then try any third party PST recovery tool.