To repair a corrupt PST file by using SCANPST.EXE, first go to the location according to MS
Outlook version shown above. Make sure the MS Outlook program is not running on the system,
i.e. it is closed. Once the SCANPST.EXE file will be found, the following steps are required:
1. Go to the location where SCANPST.EXE file is saved.
2. Double-click SCANPST.EXE.
3. A short window Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool will pop up
4. Now click on Browse to select corrupt PST file from the system directory.
5. A new window Select File To Scan will pop up. Select corrupt PST file.
6. Selected PST file will be shown on the edit box. Now click on Start to start the scanning process.
7. SCANPST.EXE will start scanning the corrupt PST file.
8. Within a few seconds the file will be scanned. All the errors and issues will be shown here, if found.
9. The box "Make backup of scanned file before repairing" is checked by default. You may also uncheck it. Now click on Repair button to repair the scanned PST file.
10. It will take a just a couple of minutes to repair the file. Once the file will be repaired this message will take place.