2 Computers, both won't boot/monitor no signal after CPU swap
Closed
Gimatria
Posts
6
Registration date
Friday 20 February 2015
Status
Member
Last seen
20 February 2015
-
20 Feb 2015 à 10:51
Blocked Profile - 20 Feb 2015 à 19:16
Blocked Profile - 20 Feb 2015 à 19:16
Related:
- 2 Computers, both won't boot/monitor no signal after CPU swap
- Tentacle locker 2 app store - Download - Adult games
- My cute roommate 2 - Download - Adult games
- Quick cpu - Download - Diagnosis and monitoring
- Unpark cpu - Download - Cleaning and optimization
- Fnia 2 - Download - Adult games
5 responses
Hello,
have you checked the manual of the motherboard to see if it is compatible with your new CPU?
if you put your old CPU back in, does it come on?
have you checked the manual of the motherboard to see if it is compatible with your new CPU?
if you put your old CPU back in, does it come on?
Have you remove all components from your motherboard and start added stuff one by one?
Gimatria
Posts
6
Registration date
Friday 20 February 2015
Status
Member
Last seen
20 February 2015
20 Feb 2015 à 11:41
20 Feb 2015 à 11:41
I had already tried to start without anything connected, just the RAM connected (in every possible form) and only the GPU connected (without RAM and drives).
I just now tried the following:
- GPU connected, with only 1 RAM (in all possible RAM sockets, and tried both RAM sticks)
- GPU connected with both RAM sticks inserted
Results stay the same, no monitor signal and no warning or startup beeps.
I just now tried the following:
- GPU connected, with only 1 RAM (in all possible RAM sockets, and tried both RAM sticks)
- GPU connected with both RAM sticks inserted
Results stay the same, no monitor signal and no warning or startup beeps.
Are the fans spinning?
Gimatria
Posts
6
Registration date
Friday 20 February 2015
Status
Member
Last seen
20 February 2015
20 Feb 2015 à 11:44
20 Feb 2015 à 11:44
Yes, all the fans are spinning
It sounds like motherboard or CPU then.
can you not use your friends old PC?
can you not use your friends old PC?
Gimatria
Posts
6
Registration date
Friday 20 February 2015
Status
Member
Last seen
20 February 2015
20 Feb 2015 à 11:48
20 Feb 2015 à 11:48
Yeah, it sounds like a motherboard or CPU problem to me too. The weird part is though that I can't use either of the PC's anymore after the swap and both have the same symptoms. So I either broke both CPU's or both motherboards which would mean extreme bad luck or I did something very wrong. But I've been rather careful and know what I was doing. So I got my hopes up that it could still be something else.
Blocked Profile
>
Gimatria
Posts
6
Registration date
Friday 20 February 2015
Status
Member
Last seen
20 February 2015
20 Feb 2015 à 12:30
20 Feb 2015 à 12:30
Did you earth yourself?
Gimatria
Posts
6
Registration date
Friday 20 February 2015
Status
Member
Last seen
20 February 2015
20 Feb 2015 à 12:46
20 Feb 2015 à 12:46
I earthed myself by touching the metal of the case before unplugging the PC. I then worked on the PC's on a wooden kitchen table.
On second thought, I'm not really sure I touched the metal casing before unplugging the PC. Might have something to do with it. Also, I used a magnetic screwdriver, although that has never before been a problem. Unfortunately I can't figure out anymore if that really was the problem, but it might be the culprit.
On second thought, I'm not really sure I touched the metal casing before unplugging the PC. Might have something to do with it. Also, I used a magnetic screwdriver, although that has never before been a problem. Unfortunately I can't figure out anymore if that really was the problem, but it might be the culprit.
20 Feb 2015 à 11:24