Recover emails and address book from Outlook Express

Solved/Closed
BurkeElv Posts 1 Registration date Sunday March 1, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 1, 2015 - Mar 1, 2015 at 05:52 AM
RobertKenn Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 2, 2015 - Mar 2, 2015 at 05:30 AM
HELP!!!

I built my friend's dad a computer, taking his old one apart and recycling the case. Before I took his old machine apart I asked him if he was SURE he had everything off the drive that he needed, and he advised he was sure...

...However when I built the new machine he said he needs all his emails off the old harddrive (he never exported them anywhere, same with his address book)

Frustrating I thought, but I have a Harddisk enclosure caddy thing, so I thought I could just hook the drive up as a mass storage device and import them from his original drive.

I can access his orginal drive and all his "application data" which is where I presume they were kept, I tried copying over some of the app data for outlook to see if that would work (it didn't) I found 4 eml files on the drive and tried to import them to outlook on new machine, (didn't work) and I tried running outlook from the old drive, but it just fires up outlook on new machine with no emails or address book.

I am thinking they must be stored somewhere on that drive and surely there is a way to access/import them without having to rebuild his old machine from scratch, just so I can boot up windows and then export them in order to import them???

Anyone know a way????

Thanks!!!!!!!
Related:

1 response

RobertKenn Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 2, 2015 2
Mar 2, 2015 at 05:30 AM
oe is crap program to try and recover emails from. that being said what will he use as his new client? once we know that we can try to figure out how to get them.

Try to look here: https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsxp/comments/2o6rev/address_book_error/