How To Fix a Computer That Turns On But Displays Nothing

Closed
Debasish - Mar 4, 2015 at 04:35 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 4, 2015 at 02:11 PM
I've got a problem with my monitor/display and I hope it's not a sign of the mobo going bad. My computer all of a sudden decided to freeze up, and upon restart, the monitor won't get a signal, the light stays yellow. All the other components appear to be running fine, all fans spin, and the HDD appears to be running, there's just no display going to the monitor. I've tried two monitors on it and two different vid cards, I've unplugged and rearranged the RAM, and still nothing. Also, for some reason, when it starts up, theDVD drive keeps acting like it wants to spin, and just keeps clicking away. I'm completely stumped, and hopefully this isn't a sign of the mobo going bad. Any help would be great appreciated!

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Mar 4, 2015 at 02:11 PM
You need to take the PC to a repair shop and have them do a diagnostic evaluation. Only with "hands-on" access can someone determine the problem area.

That said - there is a high probability the the motherboard has failed. Next in line is the power supply.

Good Luck