Laptop dead and unresponsive

[Closed]
-
 Max (Withdeadpc) -
Hello,
I left my laptop sitting for a while, unplugged and hibernating. I came back and turned it on and it was completely fine with 3/4 battery left. I plugged it in anyway and as soon as the plug touched the port it shut off completely and won't turn back on. When I have the charger plugged in the light on it just flickers. It's a dell XPS 15Z with an internal battery.

1 reply

Registration date
Tuesday October 28, 2014
Status
Last seen
March 7, 2015
Have you try holding the power button down for 30sec...
That's not it
Registration date
Tuesday October 28, 2014
Status
Last seen
March 7, 2015
2 > Helhathnofry
when you hit the power button what does your pc do.. does it come on at all.. if you can hit f8 mybe you can hit repair your pc or do a factory reset... or try a system restore...
Registration date
Tuesday October 28, 2014
Status
Last seen
March 7, 2015
On eHow.com there is this HOW TO FIX A DELL COMPUTER STUCK IN MODE.. THIS COULD HELP...
It is completely and totally unresponsive, there is not power flow

Yeah, mine is exactly the same. I do not recall me having plugged in the computer at all, but i was using it and the screen went blank and i heard the drive stop spinning. I checked the charger, plugged in, i checked the power button (indicated no charge) and i feel like fixing it but there is no apparent problem. (people have suggested that the computer has short circuited somewhere, but as to where i am still uncertain.