-
Registration date
Monday March 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
March 18, 2015
-
HI
After weeks of having a noisy fan my old PSU finally burnt out.
I have just installed a new power supply in my PC but now I get no signal going to the monitor.
The new PSU was quite a cheap one I brought from EBay but as it was 500w the same as my old one I thought it would work ok.
The PC starts up and all the fans are running but the monitor is blank also the DVD/CD drive dosen't appear to be working.
Any help would be appreciated, please ask if any additional info is required.

Regards MIke

3 replies

Well, double check your physical connections. Your new PS would not create an indication as you have detailed here. Make certain all of the plugs are snug!
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,

ac3mark, please permit to add few lines.

Try this 1

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display in the

screen, then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back

properly or try another slot.

If you have no idea about RAM, then click on the below hyperlinks "Images".

RAM

Removing a RAM

Good Luck
Registration date
Monday March 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
March 18, 2015

Thanks, I will try that and get back to you.
Registration date
Monday March 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
March 18, 2015

Hi, checked all cables were pluged in ok, removed all four 2g ram sticks cleaned and reinstalled, still no signal to monitor.
I will try another power supply and graphics card from my friend PC so I can rule them out if there is no change.
Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,
Try this 1
You have four 2GB RAM's. Then place one 2GB RAM in the slot and check if you are able to get the display. If the problem still exists then change the slot.
If you still failed to get the display, repeat the above step with the other RAM.
Good Luck
Registration date
Monday March 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
March 18, 2015

Hi, After trying all your suggestions the pc was still the same so I decided to take it to the computer shop for a check.
After leaving it with them for an hour they informed me the problem was either or both the motherboard or the CPU but they couldn't get replacements they have stopped making them.
would anyone know where I could get an 'Asrock alive N570SLI motherboard' and a 'AMD x9850 , 940pin, socket-AM2 PSU.? Or could I replace them with a difference type.

Regards MIke