drew the anomaly
Registration date
Saturday January 2, 2010
Status
Last seen
January 4, 2010
- Jan 3, 2010 at 02:34 AM
 Buzz - Apr 8, 2010 at 06:21 PM
Hello, i have a pc that after you turn off the power(unplug or power outage) a light blinks on the back of the power supply and the pc does not respond. i found a way to turn my pc on by unpluging the power supply and tuching the green and black wires together any way to fix the for good???
thanks for any help

2 replies

drew the anomaly
Registration date
Saturday January 2, 2010
Status
Last seen
January 4, 2010

Jan 3, 2010 at 09:09 AM
i would like to find a way to fix this problem. i have tryed unpluging every thing then repluging every thing did not work. tryed changing the internal battery didn't work, the power supply works after using a papper clip and touching the green and black wire together and the cd dvd drive startes to work, but some times i have to wait several minuts and try again before it will work. anyone have any idea on how to fix this?
The PSU has failed. The green LED on the motherboard remains illuminated but the power switch flashes amber. Sometimes the computer boots up after a few minutes. When the power is switched off the same problem happens again.
Replace the PSU with a ATX 305W PSU. No need to buy Dell, get a cheaper PSU from a computer shop. Check it has 24pin connector etc.