My dell laptop dosent work how can i get it to work

Closed
quickie - Apr 4, 2015 at 10:06 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Apr 9, 2015 at 07:35 AM
Hello,

I have a small dell laptop but now when I turn it on it beeps qonstley and when it is turning the set up windows says there is a filer on my hard rive and it wont turn on how can I get it to work ??? I have tried takeing the batrey out and putting it back in but it still wont work how can I get it to work ??????
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Apr 9, 2015 at 07:35 AM
Hello quickie,

Can you hear the fan of your Dell spinning up or do you see the light of the charger blink on? If you can't hear the drive nor the fan, then the problem might be hidden within a faulty power supply going to your motherboard. If your laptop is out of warranty, you can open it, take out the drive and try to connect it as an external one to another PC via SATA-USB cable/adaptor. If your internal drive does not work on any other PC you might consider its replacement.
Please, share some more info about the beeping sound. How many beeps can you count when trying to boot?

Cheers,

KY_WD