Logging into windows

Closed
WRROGERS Posts 1 Registration date Friday April 10, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2015 - Apr 10, 2015 at 03:32 PM
MaxStart Posts 339 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 3, 2015 - Apr 10, 2015 at 06:27 PM
Hello,
I am hoping some one has seen this problem, When I start my computer I get to the internal Alt Ctrl delete to type my user name and password to log into windows , but then I get the welcome message and the icon circle just spins. the Computer is a Dell

I am being told this is and OS problem and my computer needs to replace with a new hard drive. is there any other solution? internal test have been done and the repair features have not worked.

Any suggestion would be welcomed
Related:

1 response

MaxStart Posts 339 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 3, 2015 69
Apr 10, 2015 at 06:27 PM
you've mentioned that:
circle just spins.

so the machine does not freeze, but just can't log-in.

since you already made it up to this stage, my guess would be it's not a hardware related issue rather it's a windows issue.
anyways troubleshooting will provide the results.
Ok sir.
I would like you to provide us with you laptop model number, windows version, we will try few steps before going after the hardware procedures.