My Internet Stops working But Only On My Laptop

Closed
Cableitor8 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2015 - Apr 12, 2015 at 08:13 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 13, 2015 at 05:54 PM
Someone gave me a new laptop and since the first day I got it I've been having problems with the Internet. It works for some seconds, sometimes even minutes, and it would suddenly stop totally working until I disconnect and connect again (and sometimes that doesn'd work at the first try). I gues it is a problem with the laptop because it worked when I connected it to a friend's wi fi. And it is not a problem with the router because the rest of devices in my house work fine. I downloaded CCleaner to see if it worked but nope.
Can someone help me? It is really frustrating and I've been trying to fix it for the last 2 days and nothings seems to work.
The computer is a Lenovo and the operating system is Windows 7.
Thanks.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 13, 2015 at 05:54 PM
Have you tried connecting the new laptop via a cable?
You could then try downloading a new wifi driver.

You might try bypassing the internal wifi hardware by using a USB wireless adapter ( you can get one at Frys for about $25).

Good luck