Iomega eGo portable hard drive

Closed
meandeanman - Apr 13, 2015 at 05:47 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Apr 14, 2015 at 02:58 AM
Hello,

I am looking for a solution to a portable hardware drive not able to open when plugged into my computer. the drive has a lot of files on it. when I try to add files to the drive it will give it a hardware letter such as e. however it will not open. after a short period of time it wants to format the drive but I do not want to format the drive I will loose everything. I have looked and tried a few things in this forum, still no success, I have tried other computers with the drive same problem exists. this all happened after I tried to add some files to the drive and it stalled for over a hour, so I pulled the USB plug from my computer.
Thanks for looking at the problem. let me know if there is any hope for my issue.

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Apr 13, 2015 at 05:58 PM
I don't see much hope if you have tried all the standard fixes.

Some people have found that Linux will sometimes access drives that Windows will not. You could try booting from a Linux CD so as to not change the OS on your computer.

Good Luck
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Apr 14, 2015 at 02:58 AM
Hi meandeanman,

Sadly, as xpcman stated, there may be some problem with the drive. Have you tried using the chkdsk /r command from the CMD? Sometimes it results helpful, so I would try it. Try using another USB cable. If nothing helps, Linux Live CD could really grant you some access to your files.

Hope this helps