I cannot have access to my data on my flash drive

Closed
Bode - May 9, 2015 at 03:25 PM
jollym124 Posts 98 Registration date Wednesday January 21, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2017 - May 13, 2015 at 01:02 AM
Hello,

I cannot access my data on my flash drive, when I scan it it will show that there is data on flash because it will scan all document on my flash. But I cannot access them
Related:

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
May 11, 2015 at 02:41 AM
Hi Bode,

Does the flash drive appear in Disk Management and Device Manager? If it does in Disk Management, does it have a drive letter and a file format? Check the device on another PC. I would use the Attrib command from the CMD. It should look like this: attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* , where "g" is the drive letter of the pen drive. I leave you a link below with some instructions. Verify that you have no hidden files or folders. Update your anti virus software and do a complete scan.

https://ccm.net/computing/windows/1469-show-hidden-files-on-windows/ - Using the Attrib command

Hope this helps
jollym124 Posts 98 Registration date Wednesday January 21, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2017 28
May 13, 2015 at 01:02 AM
Hello There.

does it show in the disk management ?

Open Windows Explorer and navigate C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and look for one or two folders with the name usbstor.inf_xxxxxxxx. Open the folder with the latest (newest) date.

2. Open another instance of Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\inf.

3. Place the windows side by side.

4. Go to the first window and copy both the usbstor.inf and usbstor.PNF files to the second window's folder (C:\Windows\inf).

Reboot your PC and then plugin your USB drives and check whether they show up now.

Hope this helps