Photoshop Ram Error When Attempting to Save [Closed]

Kia - Mar 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM - Latest reply: sharpman 1023 Posts Saturday May 23, 2009Registration dateContributorStatus October 20, 2010 Last seen
- Aug 26, 2009 at 04:44 PM
Hello everyone

I'm working on a small project that I have yet to save. My problem is that I can't save because Photoshop keeps giving me the error "could not complete your request because there is not enough memory [RAM]" whenever I try to save. I tried a couple of other small functions like copy and paste, and I get the same error. Is there a way that I can possibly save the file, (or possibly get the image out of Photoshop into another program so that it can be saved) without closing Photoshop and losing everything?
See more 

8 replies

+18
Helpful
I had the same problem, so without saving directly, I clicked on the file menu, then I clicked on "Save fo Web" and then you don't run into the RAM issue.
Was this answer helpful?  
ErokOverflow - May 3, 2009 at 11:27 PM
+11
Helpful
The same message, I have 2 Gb of RAM.
sharpman 1023 Posts Saturday May 23, 2009Registration dateContributorStatus October 20, 2010 Last seen - Aug 26, 2009 at 04:44 PM
+9
Helpful
look up scratch disk with photoshop as well.

in the settings for photoshop there is an option to set another hdd as a scratchdisk for your open project.
+6
Helpful
For what it's worth, even though you've probably either resolved the problem or lost the file, when this happened to me, I shoved a usb stick in the side and saved the file on the stick.

Even though it claimed that RAM was the problem, it still worked.

Just my two cents
Helpful
remove your photoshop and reinstall into other partition
har_mania 4 Posts Sunday March 22, 2009Registration date June 5, 2009 Last seen - Mar 26, 2009 at 06:17 AM
Helpful
hi,
you need to upgrade your RAM.
doing so will solve your problem.
No, it wont. I have 4 gbs of ram... only 1.5 used and it says "not enough ram" to save a file on psd format, while jpeg works ok....
Hit Ctl, Alt, Shift on the desktop icon and when the next screen comes up, hit compatibility tab and then choose Windows 98. Adobe Photoshop is now up and running!!