Facebook in danger

Closed
fragarret Posts 14 Registration date Friday May 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2015 - May 15, 2015 at 12:59 PM
 Blocked Profile - May 22, 2015 at 05:24 AM
Hi guys. I am as guilty as it gets. So I did something stupid. I found a girl on an online dating site and she asked my skype. Long story short we ended up having "fun" on skype. She recorded me and she threatened me to post it on facebook. And at that moment she posted me the link to my facebook profile. How did she do that??? Anyway I deleted my account and made another one with different email. Am I still in danger??? Can I do anything???
Needless to say that I deleted skype from my pc and my phone

5 responses

Blocked Profile
May 15, 2015 at 03:01 PM
Hello,

you should have used an online alias if you intended on doing those type of things..

She probably found your Facebook by using the email address of your Skype. Deleting your skype does not stop her from being able to see your Facebook as she probably bookmarks it now.

One thing you could do is set your Facebook settings to private and hide your friends to stop her sending it to any of your friends.

Also, do a google search for your skype email address and see if any other social media sites are listed and remove yourself form them.

Lets hope you didn't show your face in the chat...

If she does post it, contact the police.

goodluck!

fragarret Posts 14 Registration date Friday May 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2015
May 15, 2015 at 03:51 PM
Thanks for the reply man! The first advice you gave me was not necessary because if I made a decision today that would be "not doing it again". Thanks though.
Now, for the other part. I deleted the account and I made another one with different email. i don't think I'm in danger anymore. What do you think?
So, she found my account from my email right? There's no other way. I just need to be certain and be prepared.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170 > fragarret Posts 14 Registration date Friday May 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2015
May 15, 2015 at 04:32 PM
If you ever get blackmailed, you better see your local constabulary force! You would no be the first victim on this planet. Some people make a living out of it!
fragarret Posts 14 Registration date Friday May 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2015
May 15, 2015 at 04:50 PM
Is there a chance she found my IP address? And if so what should I do? What bothers me the most and makes me nervous is that she has the video.

She may have forgotten about me. I assume she has a lot of victims.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170 > fragarret Posts 14 Registration date Friday May 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2015
May 15, 2015 at 05:14 PM
I hope you have not given personal information.

The important information to protect is your name. As for the video, hopefully it will not go on YouTube.

It takes a lot of victims to make a living out of this scam, especially if it's in the hands of organized gangs. They invested time in you. Time is money. If this the case, they don't forget!

What country was she from? Was the conversation in English? Any accent? Skin colour?
May 15, 2015 at 05:24 PM
It was facebook. Of course I had my name. I don't think she posted it on facebook because I deleted my account.
What about the IP address question?
She was from USA. And we didn't talk. We were writing
Blocked Profile
May 15, 2015 at 05:08 PM
DENY DENY DENY!

BTW, never show your face!
May 15, 2015 at 05:28 PM
I know man. You are absolutely right! Unfortunately I did show my face.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
May 15, 2015 at 05:41 PM
Mark, a face is okay, it's a face and other body parts in an Adam's costume which come to be a problem! Am I correct?
May 15, 2015 at 05:44 PM
Yeap
Blocked Profile
May 15, 2015 at 07:32 PM
Fragarret,

you could delete yourself from every thing on the internet.

The fact is, what goes on the internet stays on the internet.

you can delete everything and throw your computer out of the window but the fact is that if she does upload it, then its there. The fact you've opted out doesn't prevent it happening.

What you have to think is, if she's going to post it online to humiliate you or blackmail you then she must do it on something others you know can see. Now, social media sites do not allow such images on their service she the video will soon be taken down and she will probably get banned.

She could upload it to an adult website but then hey - Is your mother on one of those? (hopefully not) - They won't even see it!

I wouldn't worry.
May 16, 2015 at 02:31 AM
Yeah! Thanks for the reply. I don't care for the adult websites. It's not that I'm a celebrity or something. So even if she uploads it on an adult website then it's ok.

The fact that I changed my IP address and deleted my account on facebook calms me down. I made another fb account with different email and I diactivated it for now. I just worry for what she can do now. Maybe nothing cause I think she just tries to find random victims so she can blackmail them and ask them for money. The reason I think that is because after she showed me she recorded me she sent me something like: "I want your help. If you help me I won't upload the video". Or something like that. I didn't answer of course. I already had deleted her from skype and I was trying to delete my fb. Anyway. I don't think she was a mastermind hacker. Her plan was to record me and find my facebook (fb has an option "find friends via skype" so that's how I think she found me) and threaten me. Now that the plan didn't work she went for another victim. I think it's easier to do it to another one than try to find me again. Where can she find me? I'm not on fb anymore. What do you think?
May 16, 2015 at 07:41 AM
UPDATE: I contacted the Cyber Crime Unit in Greece. He was a really cool guy and he told me "relax. There's nothing I haven't listened the past 9 years I'm at this work". I explained the situation and he told me that this is a classic action of Nigerian cyber crime. He said that he is a black guy (i'm not a racist) from Nigeria, or Cameroon, or Cote d' Ivoire or whatever. He reassured me saying that the past two years he had tons of phone calls with the exact same story. He said that if I haven't sent him money(he asked me but I didn't reply) then there's no problem and he won't bother me again because 1. he can't find me because I deleted everything with my name-email-username and 2. he does that to 200-300 persons every day so possibly he moved to the next one. The guy from Cyber Crime Unit told me that he never had a second phone call from person with the same story as me because the Nigerian guy hadn't bothered them again. He told me that if the Nigerian guy could contact me again, he would have sent me a link from Youtube of my video on private mode and then on public mode. But Youtube would have taken it down.
Hopefully the problem solved because he can't contact me now (Skype, Facebook, Twitter and all of the profiles I had with the same email or username have been deleted).
The thing is that I learnt a lesson from all of this. Thank you everyone for your help. Peace!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
May 16, 2015 at 05:13 PM
Hello

That was an excellent move of you to go to the cyber crime unit. The officer confirmed my findings about the West African file. The countries he mentioned are notorious to harbor such criminals, not to mention Liberia people who post from Senegal. Mind you, most people who live there are good honest people.

Just to be on the safe side, to really ensure you really deleted everything about yourself. I suggest you "Google" yourself.

Thanks for the feedback and good luck to you.

P.S. What about that shot of Ouzo now? Does it go down well with feta?
May 17, 2015 at 05:51 AM
Just one shot? lol
Blocked Profile > fragarret Posts 14 Registration date Friday May 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2015
May 22, 2015 at 05:24 AM
He's probably a lightweight. You know.. that guy who gets too drunk at parties and shows you up. ;-P

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
May 16, 2015 at 09:16 PM
Is this alcohol? I'm up for Alcohol...