Nothing displays on screen after restart

Closed
iedafida Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2015 - Jun 15, 2015 at 01:38 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jun 15, 2015 at 02:06 AM
Hi..
Pls help me how to fix problem regarding nothing displays on screen after i push power button on. The power light and everything is on, just the screen is black, no cursor sign. After about 10 seconds, the 'teet teet teet' sounds appeared. I use dell laptop (inspiron n4030) for almost five years. This is the first time it happened. Got the advice from the technician (laptop repair shop) to buy new laptop, he said maybe because of motherboard problem. But, still i want to hold, and do not think because of problem with motherboard.

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 15, 2015 at 02:06 AM
Hello,
Generally for laptop 3 short beeps for RAM issue and 3 long beeps for graphic issue.
If it is 3 short beeps then reseat the RAM properly if still problem persists then RAM slot is problem then you have to change the motherboard.(may be RAM itself a problem also)
If it is 3 long beeps then graphic issue you have to contact the technician and follow the advice!

Note: As it is not sure where is the problem i did not give you a standard advice as it is hardware which is manually interpreted.

My personal advice: is that instead of changing new motherboard if prompted by a technician it is better to buy a new laptop.