No taskbar icons with dualmonitor taskbar program

Closed
helpful55 Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 22, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 23, 2015 - Jun 22, 2015 at 06:12 AM
helpful55 Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 22, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 23, 2015 - Jun 23, 2015 at 07:26 AM
I suppose I am just a dummy on this and not doing something obvious. I have two separate monitors off of one video card, one on the vga, and one off of the dvi output. I have the dualmonitor taskbar program and it apparently continues to not detect the second monitor so I have a taskbar with no start button or app icons on the second monitor, only a desktop, clock and notifications. Can I only use this with a splitter for the video output instead of the separate outputs or do I have something set wrong in windows? I have that set to extend these displays. Any ideas here?
PS: I have AMD Catalyst Control Center in case there are some kind of settings that need to be done there.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 22, 2015 at 06:25 PM
If you have Windows set to extend the display. Then you have to drag and drop the icons from the desk top to the extended display.

If you want the same desk top to display on bothe monitors then you need to select the "clone" mode.
helpful55 Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 22, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 23, 2015
Jun 23, 2015 at 07:26 AM
Ok, maybe I didn't understand dualmonitor taskbar. I still can't get the icons from my primary display to drag and drop. I clicked on the taskbar properties and got a start button and some of the icons but not all of them. I can do most of this through windows, but I thought dualmonitor taskbar would allow me to control each monitor using it's own taskbar. I don't understand how even if I can get those items on it they only operate things on the primary monitor.