My laptop just turned off while i was watching a movie

Closed
Chachacha - Jun 25, 2015 at 07:27 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jun 25, 2015 at 07:56 AM
Hello,
My acer laptop just turned off while i was watching a movie. The movie was actually paused. I don't know what happened. answer please.. big thanks.

Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 25, 2015 at 07:48 AM
I'd agree with your assessment so far that the issue is either temperature or power related. The way that the problem seems to arise under high loads (games etc.) would suggest this. That being said your PSU is more than enough for your setup and is actually a very good, reliable unit. If by the power cord, you mean the kettle lead that plugs into the PSU and then into the wall then I can't imagine this being a problem since I think they are pretty much standard. At this point I'm thinking temperature's may be the problem here.

Download, install and run HWMonitor from CPUID:

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

It's a free utility that monitors the temperatures of most of your system hardware. Check that the temperatures are ok while your system is at idle and then fire up your game etc that usually causes you issues and keep an eye on your temperatures of all your components. The issue is likely to be your CPU or if not the Graphics Card. If your temperatures seem fine then the problem must be elsewhere. Post back with your temperatures at idle and at load and we'll take it from there. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. Well appreciated
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 25, 2015 at 07:56 AM
you are welcome