Transfer data and then apply formula

Solved/Closed
TJay - Jul 5, 2015 at 09:35 AM
 Hydro - Jul 9, 2015 at 09:09 AM
Hello,
I have a rather large spreadsheet which records the data from a number of different branches on each separate worksheet (labelled as "branches")
I would then like to go to a separate worksheet and extract information from each of the worksheets to give the manager an "overview" of the data (Management Information)
Is it possible to extract data from the "source" data spreadsheet and then apply a formula/function in the Management Information worksheet.
eg: If the data in column a of branch x = <Month>, then add total of column y. I know how to do this within that specific spreadsheet
"(=SUMIF($A$10:$A$503,"June",$V$10:$V$503)" but what I would like to do is transfer this formula into a separate sheet so it would be something like
"=Branch1!=SUMIF($A$10:$A$503,"June",$V$10:$V$503)"
Using this type of formula does not recognise the "branch!" element - and I am beginning to think that what I have to do is produce a separate table/data range in the "Branch" sheet and then copy that data into the Management Information sheet.
I hope my question is not too confusing and any help anyone could give me would be really appreciated. (PS: using formula's is all pretty new to me so I'm still learning - but I guess you already guessed that. Also, I am currently using Excel 2007)

Many thanks :-)

T Jay

1 response

If in a different workbook, use this:
=SUMIF('[WorkBookName.xls]SpreadSheet'!$A$10:$A$503,"June",$V$10:$V$503)

or if in the same workbook but in a different worksheet, use this:

=SUMIF(SpreadSheet!$A$10:$A$503,"June",$V$10:$V$503)
Hi Hydro,

Thanks you ever so much - this worked like a dream. :-)
Hydro > T Jay
Jul 9, 2015 at 09:09 AM
Nice!
Don't drink and derive!