Cd/dvd rom stopped working

Closed
susan49643 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 - Mar 29, 2009 at 01:30 PM
 kathy - Aug 31, 2010 at 01:28 AM
Hello,
i have an acer aspire 5100 laptop running vista and for some reason my cd/dvd rom stopped working. It is no longer in the device manager. when i put a cd in my drive it lights up and spins but nothing happens so i know power is getting to it. but vista wont recognize it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Related:

2 responses

Is it listed in your BIOS? press f2 at boot to check, if it is it is a problem within Windows, if it isn;t then the cable has likely become detached and you'll have to delve into the laptop to secure it.
susan49643 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009
Apr 2, 2009 at 09:54 PM
no it is not listed in the BIOS and i took the driver out and put it back to make shure its connected i think its a loss it weird becouse when i put a disk in the light comes on and spins but the computer cant find one ???
i have the same model of [/contents/pc/ordinateur-portable.php3 laptop and the same problem. please let me know if you find the answer. thanks.