Laptop powered on, but screen black - Dell XPS

Closed
Skiturtles - Jul 14, 2015 at 10:21 PM
ltneff Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 10, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2015 - Dec 10, 2015 at 12:24 PM
Hello,

My Dell XPS laptop powers on (blue lights come on & makes noises), but the screen is black.

I have tried shutting down, unplugging, removing battery, holding power button for 120 seconds, power on with power cord only, restart with battery. Did NOT work.

I have tried powering on while holding Fn-F1, F2, F5, F11. Did NOT work.

Tried powering on with lid at 39 degrees. Did NOT work.

I also have tried adding an external monitor, but the external monitor says "no input" and goes to sleep.

What else can I do? There are photos on the hard drive that I do not want to be lost.

Related:

1 response

winstongeorge Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday July 14, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2015
Jul 14, 2015 at 11:24 PM
I just had similar problem but I solved it by: press on the power switch and press the F12 key at once
ltneff Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 10, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2015
Dec 10, 2015 at 12:24 PM
I have the same problem with my levono laptop I tried all the fun combinations took out the battery and ac power held the powder down for 2 minutes and nothing seems to work but funny think sometimes my screen will display but most of the time it wont. like if I don't touch it for a while and then power it on one day it will display. still haven't got it to display every time yet though so if u have found a way to make yours work please tell me so I can do the same thanks