I have Dell Studio 1458, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, Service Tag : HVM27BS.
Since last week I am having following problem:
1. 28.03.2016 : Windows started having problem in booting with flickering screen.
Ran Windows restore , Dell Diagnostic, Memory test everything could got hold on, but no success.
2. 30.03.2016 : Windows started to boot but after 3-4 attempts only. Tried removing RAM, WLAN card one by one. No issues with RAM or WLAN card. Blow cleaned the FAN and cooling assembly to rule out the heating issue.
3. 02.04.2016 : Reinstalled windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Installed drivers one by one. Came to know ATI Mobility Radeon 5450 driver initiated the problem. Disabled it. Everything was fine. no booting or working issue.
4. 02.04.2016 : Also tried Windows 10 64 Bit. Again ATI Mobility Radeon 5450 was the culprit.
5. 03.04.2016 : Again installed windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit and disabled ATI driver. All good. not booting issue. Updated working fine. Updated to service Pack 1 & 2. Windows asked for shutdown and never cam back. Not even to the BIOS screen / Dell Logo Screen. However Fan is working.
I suspect the motherboard got bad. Can anyone please provide some help.