Start Menu not working

Closed
Sukuya - Aug 8, 2015 at 04:29 AM
 tim - Aug 12, 2015 at 08:13 PM
Hello,

I registered for the latest windows 10 and got updated on 30 Jul 15. However, post completion of installation my start menu doesn't work and for every click on icon it says download from store and the store doesn't work either. I had Windows 7 home edition before installing windows 10. What do I do?

1 response

Alice_Phoebe Posts 21 Registration date Monday May 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2015 2
Aug 9, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.
Hello Alice,
Thanx for your reply. I tried it but I get an error as "Get -AppXpackage-AllUsers" is not recognised as an internal or external ccommand, operable program or batch file. Request help.
Also I wanted to revert back to my windows 7 home edition if possible but I don't see any option in control panel as suggested in many online forums.

Thanx
I believe you skipped step 2. I received the same error when I skipped step 2.