Windows 7; deleted several programs. Cant access anything

Closed
Katyb - Aug 12, 2015 at 09:36 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 14, 2015 at 05:20 PM
Ive turned my computer on and it made the de-dun sound (sorry) and came up with an error message, saything that something couldnt open as I didnt have permission.
Its actually deleted the internet explorer icon, and wont let me access things like computer or any files. It also wont let me access specific files such as iTunes, Spotify and internet explorer. Again saying that i dont have permission. I have managed to get my anti malware program running, but that doesnt seem to have done anything. Are there any other suggestions as to what could be done to sort it out.
Thanks for any feedback!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 14, 2015 at 05:20 PM
It appears that you need to try a Windows repair from the Windows DVD. If that doesn't work you may have a problem with the hard drive or Motherboard. That will need "hands on" access and the services of a qualified PC Tech.

Good luck