Not win32 application

Closed
robbyrobbo361 Posts 4 Registration date Saturday August 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2015 - Aug 16, 2015 at 02:43 PM
robbyrobbo361 Posts 4 Registration date Saturday August 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2015 - Aug 17, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Hello again.i am just wondering if there is anything i can get for my laptop (really old and running windows xp)so that my computer can open my kobo books so i can copy them to another memory card?it just keeps saying not win32 application.if you can help can you explain as if to a child as i am 61 and very new to this.thanks for looking

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 16, 2015 at 09:37 PM
Can't you just open two explorer windows and drag and drop the files into a new location?

What are you doing now? Double clicking the file name will try to run the program associated with that extension (the 3 characters after the period). You probably just want to right click an copy them to the hard disk and then do the same to copy them from the hard disk to a new memory card.

I was programming monster (room sized) computers when you were still in grade school.
robbyrobbo361 Posts 4 Registration date Saturday August 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2015
Aug 17, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Hi again xpcman.in answer to your comment,yes i was double clicking and trying to open them to copy the books.also tried to right click and copy but that would"nt work either.(also wanted to try and read them on my laptop but can"t).I have done what you said ie:drag and drop onto a new folder then sent them to my new memory card which did work so yet again you have my many thanks as i do appreciate greatly your time and help.when i was young room size computers where all that were about.i loved the advent of atari games consoles and similar ones.btw way not sure what grade school is but by you saying that i presume you are american?i am english and new to all this as i am sure you will have gathered by now.anyway thanks again.