Micro sd not been read or recognized

Closed
DJ - Aug 24, 2015 at 07:13 PM
 DJ - Aug 24, 2015 at 09:07 PM
i have a 32 gb micro sd card that i have some files stored on that i would be pretty distraught over there lose (which is why i put them on a card instead of leaving them on my pc) but after not having accessed it for several weeks i tried to use it. i put it in a micro sd adapter that i know is reading cards (which i also checked again after it wouldn't read because i have an adapter that has stopped working) and for some reason my computer isn't showing an extra drive. i even looked in disk management and it isn't showing up there either. i have also plugged the micro sd card into a tablet and the tablet isn't reading it either. the weird thing is that my computer makes a noise like i plugged something into one of my USB ports when i put the sd adapter w/ the micro card, into the computer. is there a way to fix the card or should i start mourning it?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 24, 2015 at 07:24 PM
I usually tell people to try two computers when they have problems with SD cards. Since you did that the chances are that you have a dead card. All memory cards are susceptible to damage from static electricity. Just touching the contacts with your fingers can fry them.
is there a way to recover the data or is it lost forever