Ican detect my externaldrive but it takes time to recognize it

Closed
BLANK - Sep 1, 2015 at 10:16 PM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Sep 2, 2015 at 10:49 AM
hello guys....few days later i have no problem in my hard drive....but when my friend borrow and format it... i can open my external drive but it takes alot of time to recognize it....and icant even open the file of external drive....please help me .....and one more thing there are two storage in it....first (f)900mb second one is (g) 500gb.....pleaase help me

Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Sep 2, 2015 at 10:49 AM
Hey there.

If the drive has already been formatted, I assume you don't need to recover any data from it. Is that correct? If this is the case, then I'd recommend that you try the HDD with a different USB cable and a different computer, to see if the same thing happens again. You could also download the HDD manufacturer's diagnostics tool and test the drive with it, to see if there are any errors or bad sectors.

Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD