My computer does not start

Closed
felipeclaudiu - Sep 4, 2015 at 03:06 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Sep 10, 2015 at 06:50 AM
Hello, last night when i used my computer i had no problems, but this morning when tried to start it up i had a big surprise. It started but the monitor was stuck at the first image that always shows, the name of the motherboard, ASRock. btw the monitor is fine i plug it in to my laptop to check it. The power button lights up, all the fans work. As far as starting up goes, everything sounds normal.

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Sep 10, 2015 at 06:50 AM
Hello felipeclaudiu,

Do you hear any sound coming from your motherboard while the screen is frozen? If you do, how many clicks are there? I would suggest you to try these couple of things if you have the option:
1. Unplug your SATA drive and put it on another PC
2. Try booting your PC with only one RAM stick if you have many. Also, plug it on different slots and try to boot after each test.
3. Clear the CMOS by pulling out the battery on the motherboard and wait for 10 mins in order the components to discharge.
Note: everything you try must be done while the power cable is unplugged. Please, come and share the results afterwards.

Good luck.