Microsoft Word Corruption

Closed
WalterJ0999 Posts 1 Registration date Friday September 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2015 - Sep 11, 2015 at 08:11 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 15, 2015 at 05:06 PM
Whenever I send and receive emails that have `word' documents attached, the documents often get corrupted in transmission. This shows itself as spaces between words disappearing. Only a few each time. For example a recent 20 000 + word document I've been working on, had about 30 - 40 spaces lost. Any ideas what the issue could be?
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 11, 2015 at 05:21 PM
Ok, well try to ZIP them up. You are lucky the person on the other side is even getting them, as they can contain malicious code, and most gateways will not even allow it to go in. Zip it up before you send it!
DonaldPain08 Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 14, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 14, 2015
Sep 14, 2015 at 09:05 AM
As the document is usually saved before its sent, i would tend to say no.

However, depending on how you are sending the document. its possible.
For example if you were to open Word, Write your document, and use the Send To Mail Recipient option before saving.

It could possibly get corrupt or distored if your MAPI was broken.

If this is how your sending the word dcouments when they get "corrupt", try creating a new one.
Save it to your desktop.
OPen outlook, Open a New Mail Item, and attach it and send.
Doees it still happen?

You can also test this by sending the same document using say outlook express.
Or even try sending it from an free online POP Email Account like Hotmail.

How did you get on with the above?
<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>
Did you try it in safe mode?
Blocked Profile
Sep 14, 2015 at 06:50 PM
Well, thank you Donald, but I am not certain how safe mode is going to change the fact that WORD DOCUMENTS by tradition are not safe to send via email without some sort of Zipping. Beside, should he boot up into safe mode with networking? Is that going to make any differences? MSWORD Document may or may not contain little things called MACROS. Sometimes Macros grow to be Scripts to run upon open. MOST GATEWAYS (you know the ones that authenticate mail and such), will NOT allow documents such as these BY NORMAL OPERATION!
Blocked Profile
Sep 14, 2015 at 06:51 PM
Ok, so who is getting the mail, and have you verified that they have associated your WORD file with the proper program? In other words, does your recipiant have the same version of word? Is your version NEWER?
ostra56 Posts 1 Registration date Friday October 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 11, 2015
Oct 15, 2015 at 01:49 PM
I have a similar problem. I've lost about 10000 words in a file due a power cut. Is there anyway to restore this words? The file was saved before the outage, but some spaces were lost.
Blocked Profile
Oct 15, 2015 at 05:06 PM
If you got any of the file back, then consider it a win. Save often when working on a project that large. There is nothing wrong with saving the file with the date you worked on it, so you at least have an incremental file, and losing a day if it happens!