Will it flash drive virus infect my pc and cellphone?

Closed
technoob001 - Sep 12, 2015 at 10:39 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 12, 2015 at 04:28 PM
Hello,

I have an OTG cable for my android phone. I copied some documents from my phone to my USB flash drive. That same flash drive, I plugged into my desktop computer. Everything seemed to work out fine. I still saw all the files I copied. However, when I closed the folder and re-opened it again, it showed me a shortcut of the same removable drive with A 2kb size. Not knowing if my flash drive was infected, I clicked on it and it showed me my files, but only half of them were there and the others probably got erased. I formatted it and got everything deleted. When I re-copied some files on that same flash drive and plugged it back in to my desktop, it showed me the same problem. The shortcut.

Here are my questions:
1. Did my android phone got infected by that virus? (I didn't run anything or open any file. I just copied pdfs on it and safely removed the hardware.)

2. Did my computer get infected by the virus since I double clicked on the shortcut icon shown in the folder?

3. Is the shortcut file an autorun file?

4. The computer or USB flash drive security did not detect any threats, and reformatting obviously is not doing the trick. So can you suggest ways on how I can fix this issue?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Sep 12, 2015 at 04:28 PM
Hello,
# Download USB Fix
  • Launch it, a shortcut will be created on your desktop.

• Choose "Clean" option.
  • A pop-up will follow
    Connect all your external data sources to your PC (Usb keys, sd cards external drives, etc...)
  • Once you're ready, click "OK".
  • While cleaning, you will lose access to your desktop, but this is normal.

The numbers of analyzed and infected elements are displayed.

# Copy/paste the report here.

Tutorial : http://www.en.usbfix.net/2014/02/usbfix-tutorial-clean-option/

Ambucias
Moderator / Virus Security Contributor