Stopped uploading my emails

Closed
Lady Di - Oct 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 7, 2015 at 06:03 PM
Hello,

Within the last few days my emails stopped coming into Outlook. I went to my Account Settings and redid them about 4 times. After doing it a few times and the 'test" email is sent, it shows at Comcast.net but not in my outlook. When I hit send/receive the message box acts like it worked but nothing comes in. I contact Xfinity/Comcast and they just had me redo the Account Setting like I did before. Is anyone else having this issue?

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 7, 2015 at 05:26 PM
OK, the quickest way to see if the problem is your machine or their network, is to log into their webmail, and see what is in your inbox. Then send yourself an email. Then log out of the webmail, and open your outlook. Try to send and receive, did you get anything? Did you get an error? Can you send from outlook?
I have done that and sent me a test. It shows at the web site but not in Outlook. I noticed my outlook did an automatic update a few days ago. I am guessing that is the issue. I have Microsoft 365 so I went to the web site for that and they now have the 2016 programs that I can download for free with my yearly subscription. I did that and now it is working fine.
Blocked Profile
Oct 7, 2015 at 06:03 PM
Good Deal, so this is solved by updates?