Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
-
Hello,

SOLVED

So I have a Toshiba satelite L50-A and a few days ago it needed to be updated, after the update the computer has not been working. After the logo screen I get to the login screen where I can enter my password but after that it just stays a black screen where I can move my cursor around. So I know the monitor isn't damaged because the logo and login screen work fine, and once in the black screen I can ctrl+alt+del and use that function. I have read in a few places to remove the battery and whatnot, but with this model the battery is not removable (unless maybe you open up inside the computer which I wouldn't want to damage by trying). Another suggestion is in ctrl+alt+del task manager it mentioned something about running explorer from the processes section but it is not there. How in the world do I fix this issue because I am no longer under warranty ?!? please and thank you!

P.S I believe it is running windows 8 or possibly higher

EDIT: i fonally found the explorer.exe in one of the task manager tabs and deleted it and then re added it and now it works!!!!

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
good to know

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!