ASUS laptop won't boot

Closed
Josh12567 Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2015 - Nov 2, 2015 at 01:55 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 2, 2015 at 05:14 PM
Hello...my windows 8 ASUS x551m laptop was automatically updating when it got to 100% and then restarted but as the screen came back on it was still on the 100% screen. So then I made the bad decision in turning the laptop completely off while it was on the 100% screen. Ever since that happened when I hit the power button only the power green light appears and the orange charge light when I connect the charger....the screen stays completely blank....I contacted the manufacturer and they told me to hold F9 when I hit the power button which didn't work....and then they told me to take the battery out and hold the power button down which didn't work.....now they want me to send them my laptop and to pay then ?100 which I don't have....I was just wondering if you could recommend anything like should I buy a windows recovery disc? Thank you!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 2, 2015 at 05:14 PM
If it is windows 8, then download the OS from Microsoft, and make a USB disk and repair it. You should not have to purchase anything, except maybe technician time if you TAKE it to a technician. DO NOT SEND YOUR MACHINE AWAY, but find a local tech!